Monday, 1 May 2017

I DID IT!

It's been a challenging six months emotionally and physically. From getting donations to training at the gym, running and then still trying to find energy to do all the day to day jobs in between. But it's finally over!

Sunday 23rd April 2017, one of the scariest, best days of my life. And  I can officially say I'm one of the finishers from the London Marathon. Also, I hit my sponsor target and then some!!

I was surprised how upbeat and positive I was feeling on the day, yes there were nerves, but I just wanted to get to that finish line. The emotions that went through my body on that day was like a rollercoaster. At times I was focused, calm, happy and at other times I was in pain, emotional and crying. 14 miles in my knee decided it had enough and from there to the end I really struggled. I felt myself moaning 'is it over yet',my knee in serious pain, 'where are my friends and family' and was feeling anxious and upset that I hadn't seen them yet. But at mile 22, I finally seen them, got my knee support on and limped to the finish line.

Stumbling up The Mall was so emotional, I had watched The London Marathon for many, many years on the TV, always saying 'I will do that one day' and it felt so surreal. Walking,cryingg and on my phone either taking photos or videos, I was near that finish line. I have never felt so happy to think I had accomplished a marathon.

All the stick I got, all the judging that I wouldn't be able to do it, all the pain I went through, it was so worth it, because I actually did it. People may say my time isn't very good, or I didn't try hard enough, but guess what? I no longer care what anyone says, I am proud of myself for the first time in my life.

I really hope the hospital I raised money for, who cared for my Grandad when he had cancer until the day he passed away really appreciates the money and can help others and make them fight cancer. Two days before the marathon was the day my Grandad closed his eyes for the last time and was his one year anniversary, I just knew he would of been watching and shouting at me to carry on going.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life with Mand . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig